The mandate of the Canadian Council of Deans of Science is to promote excellence in scientific research and education in all Canadian Universities, and to promote the importance of scientific research, education and literacy to all levels of government, industry and the public sector.
- To be a forum for discussion and sharing of best practices about scientific research and education for Deans of Science across the country.
- To develop and promote academic leadership.
- To develop future scientific research, innovation and education capacity in Canada by training high quality personnel in scientific research and education to support economic growth and innovation across Canada.
- To promote Canadian success in scientific research and education.
- To promote scientific literacy in the Canadian population.
- To be an advisory body for government on issues of scientific research, innovation and technology policy development.
- To be an advisory body at appropriate venues to discuss the requirements needed to sustain high quality infrastructure to support fundamental scientific research and innovation across the country.
- To be an advisory body for government on issues of scientific education at all levels across the country.